WSWCA Community Gardens
WSWCA administers three community gardens, which are overseen by our Urban Stewardship Committee.
- Sartain Garden at 1114-1118 Locust Street
(administered by Kristen Wendt)
- South Street Garden at 831-839 South Street
(administered by Roberta Camp and Mark Keener)
- Waverly Garden at 1127-1131 Waverly Street
(administered by Barbara Simon)
If your primary residence is in Washington Square West (the neighborhood bounded by Market, Broad, South and 7th Streets), you are eligible for membership in any WSWCA Community Garden.
All garden members are required to read and adhere to WSWCA Community Garden Rules.
Quick Garden Links
Click on a link below to download or view additional Community Garden information.
All applications to join WSWCA Community Garden must be accompanied by a $20 non-refundable registration fee.
- WSWCA Community Garden Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions (and answers) about WSWCA Community Gardens.
- Application to join a WSWCA Community Garden
- Click here to see the Waitlist
From the City of Philadelphia:
If you live near one of our gardens, but outside the boundaries of Wash West, check the FAQ to see if you are eligible.
The name “Washington Square West” came into official use in the late 1950s and early 1960s as part of Edmund Bacon‘s comprehensive plan for Center City.
Application For Community Garden Membership
Download Application For Community Garden MembershipApplication For Community Garden Membership